- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 gallon of boiling water
- Measuring cups
- Bathtub stopper or thick washcloth
- Pour a pot of boiling water down your drain.
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into your drain. Be sure that it all goes down. You can use your fingers or a long tool such as a chopstick to help.
- Pour 1/2 cup white vinegar into the drain and cover immediately with a stopper or a rag in order to keep the bubbles in the drain.
- Wait for 2 minutes.
- Pour the second 1/2 cup of white vinegar down the drain and, like in step 2, cover.
- Wait for 15-30 minutes, no more.
- Uncover and pour another pot of boiling water down the drain.
Repeat, depending on how clogged the drain is. Clean your drains regularly with this recipe to prevent build-up.
This recipe was inspired by Lauren Singer's of Trash is for Tossers. And here's the complete Natural Cleaning Products Guide.