- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup borax
- 2 tablespoons powdered oxygen bleach
- Hot water
- In a small bowl, mix the borax, baking soda and oxygen bleach.
- Add just enough hot water to make a thick paste and stir to combine.
- Once the hot water is added, use the cleaner immediately.
- Spread the paste over dirty, moldy or mildewy grout.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Scrub gently with a toothbrush.
Acidic cleaners can damage grout, so a safer mixture like this one is preferable to clean dirty, moldy or mildewy grout.
This recipe was inspired by Erica Strauss' in The Hands-On Home. And here's the complete Natural Cleaning Products Guide.