Last autumn, I participated in my very first 10x10 challenge and it seems like I enjoyed the process so much that I've decided to give it another try this season.
So are you ready for 2 weeks of outfit posts? I know I am!
What's the 10×10 Challenge
For those of you who are new around here, let me give you a quick intro.
The 10x10 challenge was initiated by sustainable style blogger Lee a couple seasons ago and has since been taken by style adventurers all around the world.
The rules are simple:
- Pick any 10 items from your current closet
- Style those items into 10 different looks
- Use 10 days to do it
- Have fun and don’t take it too seriously!
This includes outerwear, tops, bottoms, and shoes. Accessories don't count (yay!).
You can choose to do 10 days in a row, or, like most people seem to be doing lately, do 5 work days, take a break during the weekend, and start again the following Monday for 5 more work days.
My 10 Pieces
This is my first winter challenge, and the weather has been very inconsistent here in Portland for the past couple weeks (snow for Christmas, spring during the first week of January, and some rain lately) so choosing weather appropriate pieces has been a challenge.
But I've decided to choose visually interesting pieces (not too bulky) and to just go to town with accessories.
Also, considering that I spend most of my day at home and that I do not commute, I did not want to focus too much on shoes and outerwear that suit the weather. I mean, the whole point is to have fun, document outfits and, hopefully, inspire some of you to just do the same (who wants to see me in rain boots and a bulky coat? I sure don't).
Here are the pieces I chose for this season:
- 1 Tee-shirt
- 1 Sweater
- 2 Cardigans
- 1 Pair of Leggings
- 1 Jumpsuit
- 1 Dress
- 1 Jacket
- 2 Pairs of shoes
I'll post outfits from Monday to Friday for the next 2 weeks.
And in details:
- Tee-shirt - The Bee and The Fox - Made in Mexico
- Sweater - Everlane - Made in China
- Cardigan (old) - Similar
- Cardigan (DIY) - Made in France (by my mother-in-law) - Similar
- Leggings (old) - American Apparel - Made in the USA (Los Angeles, CA) - Similar
- Jumpsuit (old) - Open Air Museum - Made in the USA (Portland, OR) - Similar
- Dress (vintage) - The Yo Store, Portland, OR - Similar
- Jacket (sample) - Similar
- Clogs - Sandgrens - Made in Sweden
- Sneakers (old) - Similar
So there you have my #winter10x10 picks and all the details on this round of the challenge. Are you joining in? What’s the weather like in your area?
What items are you most excited to style?