I've been texting and chatting with friends about what direction we want to take this new year and thought I'd share my recommendations here too.
As you know, I love new beginnings, a good reason to start a new habit, and starting a new project in general.
Besides sharing my 2024 reading list, I also decided to share punctual articles about books centered around a theme.
So here's my "New Year, New Me" reading list:
1. Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-lived, Joyful Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
This book has been recommended to me multiple times a couple of years ago when I was wondering what I could do with my life. I made an exception (and a big one since I only read books written by non-cis white men) and did not regret it. It's a fantastic guide!
2. The Pivot Year: 365 Days to Become the Person You Truly Want to Be by Brianna Wiest
This one is 100% influenced by my social media feed. I've put it on hold at the library and am waiting for the 36 people in line in front of me to finish reading it...
3. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
I listened to this one read by the author at about the same time I read book 1 of the list and remember this period of my life very fondly. I might read or listen to it again this year and see how it holds up!
4. Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good by adrienne maree brown
I'm intrigued by the idea of associating pleasure and activism. More pleasure, more activism? Yes and yes! This one has been on my list for a little bit and I really need to get to it.
5. I Didn't Do the Thing Today: Letting Go of Productivity Guilt by Madeleine Dore
The title made me smile, I heard about this one in a podcast, I think. I love the idea of recommending tons of books about how you must do the thing, and then telling people to not do the thing. You know, like when the opposite of a truth is also the truth?
What are you currently reading?
This post is not sponsored, but it does contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase via one of my links, I may make a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!